Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Well It's Wednesday and TAX Day

****I hope everyone had as great a day as possible on April 15!! ****

Another great recipe for something to munch on during the evening. And Zhug can be purchased from our website (link is below).

With Zhug Make a spicy dip appetizer by using one of the following:

Feta Cheese, Cream Cheese or Sour Cream
Zhug Blend
Olive Oil

Directions:

1. Spread cheese, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with zhug blend.
2. Sounds like you could put this dip on just about anything you like.


Zhug Paste

Ingredients:
1/4 lb Green Chili Pepper
10 cloves Garlic
1 bundle Fresh Cilantro
1 teaspoon Zhug Blend
5 teaspoon Cold Water
1/4 tablespoon Salt

Directions:
Place all ingredients in a food processor and grind it finely.
Place paste in a glass jar and store for up to one month in the
refrigerator.

Serving Suggestions:
Use this spicy paste sparingly as a garnish for Hummus or other dips, added to soups or as a spread for meat or fish.


My personal goals of non-smoking and weight loss are still going very well...surprising as it is. I have been thru some pretty stressful life situations without a ciggie as of late as I slowly slide into 1 month..............and chocolate (my second addiction) is something that I never thought I could give up and I haven't had any in quite some time. A piece of fruit tastes better and sweeter!!! The non-smoking I have done "cold turkey". I smoked for about 38 years. I chew lots of gum and also eat tootsie roll pops!! Now for the diet or new "eating plan" my hubby and I are both on Weight Watchers and both have lost right about 30 pounds. This new way of eating is very satisfying, the first few days were difficult and we thought we were starving to death but since then it hasn't been to bad. Before the "new way of eating" we both weighed more than we ever had and were well over 200. Now we feel better than we have in a long time. We are also walking most every day and that really helps. I have a very bad back and have to use a walker but it is getting easier and less painful.

Click here to go to our website

www.savvygourmetshop.com

No comments: